Creative 420

ab kya describe kare sahab.. aap khudahi jaan lo.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Battle : Mumbai Vs. Me

The other day I was chatting up with this friend of mine, usually discussing about my life in Mumbai. A repetitive piece of conversation these days. I had my answers ready. Very much like those call centre employees. But then I was asked, “Is your Life in Mumbai rocking?”. I took a pause. A long pause. Similar questions had been asked before. Like – “How’s life?”, “How are you liking Mumbai?” etc… etc… This was new to me.


“It’s not a life anymore. Its living.” I replied after a long tic-toc pause. To be very true I enjoy my every bit in Mumbai. Back of my mind I know I have to. Otherwise Mumbai will sucker punch me. In Ahmedabad or Bhopal, it’s a different roller coaster ride. I know this. I know that. I know what to eat. Where to eat. I know who to meet where and whenever. I lead my life in those two towns. Here, I am looking at what every person is doing. It gets terrible, when you have to eat your meal all alone.

There are songs from Metallica and Pearl Jam playing at back of my mind all the time. Also one song written by me; ‘Manzil’. I have embarked on this journey. With my friends, family and Love distributed between Bhopal and Ahmedabad. I am conscious about the sucker punch that Mumbai can pull out on me. The demon’s of traffic and the music of foot-thumps scare me sometimes. But I like different music all together. I’d also like to thank all my friends and my loved ones for enriching me with your priceless memories. I think about them all the time when I am down. Round 1 begins.

3 Comments:

Blogger Archana said...

You have succumbed to the bitch :|

5:03 PM  
Blogger A guitarist's diary said...

Solution: Let's go to Ahmedabad right away.

9:04 PM  
Blogger khushboo said...

It is in the most comfortable moments that life punches u in ur face to wake u up..dude life has just begun..what matters is ur self belief. soon we'l have the same laughter, same conversations and same idiosyncracies..:) take care..

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home