Creative 420

ab kya describe kare sahab.. aap khudahi jaan lo.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Ba.

When I came outta my home early today morning.. there was this old lady who was plucking neem leaves from the tree.. the only neem tree in my society.. and well her tiny stature of 4’11 could not reach to the higher branches.. I jogged passed her.. but then I turned back.. and well if none of you know about my love for gujju ba’s then you’ve gotto talk to me about that.. so I started helping her out..

Anyways.. it seemed that she wasn’t really satisfied with a bagful of neem leaves.. so she asked me to pull out a whole branch.. catch-22 situation.. I love trees.. but I can’t say no to the cutest thing I saw in the morning.. somehow I managed to get a plastic bag from a nearby dumpster and started plucking more leaves.. then we exchanged few words.. this is where I stayed.. this is what I do.. then again explaining the most difficult professional job-role explanation on the planet.. “Copywriting” phew!!.. and some other Blah..

Something about her.. 4’11 not a very convenient height to do many things.. but then convenient to do lots of thing.. the back arching upto 30 degrees.. typical glasses.. and damn she was ultra fair.. in short! the cutest creature on earth.. didn’t ask her all the questions she’d asked me.. cause I assumed lots of things.. as in definitely not a copywriter.. ehhmm a working professional.. must be staying with some family or something.. cute grandchildren.. minimum usage of dentures.. and all that jazz.

Handed her the second bag and finally asked something.. ‘ba tame aa aatli badhi neem ni paatiyon thi shu karsho’ (‘What will you do with so many neem leaves?’) .. pat came her reply.. ‘Massage pachi nahavanu’ (‘will take a neem bath after massage’).. I was like damn.. so good taking care of herself in these old age days.. and I said ‘sache, aetley tame bahu sundar lago cho’ (ah! That’s why you look so beautiful) ‘na.. aa to ben matey che.. mare to khava matey aa badhu karvu pade chhe’ (No... this is for some lady.. what to do? To eat you’ve gotto earn..) and I was like damn.. yeah to eat you’ve gotto earn.. and earn how? It might be respectable for this old lady.. but don’t know who’s taking care of her..? and there are many who need some care.. if not physical then mental..Guys.. call up Helpage India.. in Ahmedabad 079 26860758.. this is no Adverblog.. will just end it here. PERIOD.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aalekh said...

Also please dontate generously to the ADF (Aalekh development fund), he will need it later in life.

I have two good movies for your, Russian movies. Nightwatch and Daywatch. Your kind.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

touching and very very sweet. ironical and satirical too...in a way. kids and oldies are the bestest!!

http://tamanna-thedesire.blogspot.com

3:33 PM  
Blogger Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

touching and very very sweet. ironical and satirical too...in a way. kids and oldies are the bestest!!

http://tamanna-thedesire.blogspot.com

3:33 PM  
Blogger Aladdin said...

Thanks Tamanna :)

Have started reading your blogs too. :)

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home