Creative 420

ab kya describe kare sahab.. aap khudahi jaan lo.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Present Ma'am!!

hmmm.. so only few people complained to me that I've not been writing blogs for a long time now. Sorry guys. But well then again there was some fuck-up done by our sarkar. I really don't wanna talk about that. I have lost faith in our democracy because of whatever decisions have been taken by our Sarkar, again. I hope we as the care-taker of this nation rise up and revolt against the faith-breaking steps taken. Andolan, E-Andolan, Petitions everything. OK so that would be the only gyaan sharing session of this blog.. Now I move onto some happy moments..

Finally this month, 13th day of the month, I packed my bag and headed out for Bhopal with My masi. Aah.. finally it's all happening.. I was waiting so long to go to Bhopal. There were few concerns though.. My mom does not like long hair .. not at all.. and the Hair-cut that I sport nowadays can prevent me from tasting some of the most delicious food cooked by a mother in the whole wide world.. On top of that i got heavy beard too. This was a genuine worry.

On the other side.. there are people who +ed my faith towards keeping the same hair-style.. the curls do irritate me sometimes.. but then I like it othertimes. This got me thinking. Holy Mother Bulb of 500 watts.. I got an Idea.. I thought that the thing that makes me look more ugly is the heavy beard that i sport.. so exactly 48 hours before i was supposed to Bhopal.. I got me shaved.. and hair trimmed too. 2 mm that is. So I had a peaceful sleep a day before i was to leave for Bhopal. Haaash.

Next day is the Happy day.. finish the work early.. buy all what you need for your mom.. sis.. bhai.. and Bhanja.. My sweetest bhanja.. wait i'll come back to you.. and then get the luggage.. rickshaw.. vroom to the station.. coolie 50 rupaiye.. 45 stairs up.. 45 stairs down.. shove the baggage under the seat.. and Yippee here we go..

This was the first time I was travelling in an A.C. coach. everybody in my family prefers Sleeper class. It's affordable too.. and you get to meet lovely people. And one other thing which I hated about the AC class is that when people make noise.. the decibel is too much to listen to. and even the screws and something squeaking in the train makes it worse.. I couldn't sleep until 2 in the night. Damn.. well now it was rise and sunshine we'll be in Bhopal in about 20 mins.. But I had to see the institution of carnage.

When you are about to enter Bhopal.. the train stops for about 5-10 mins before the station.. and when the platform is vacate you move on.. but the place where this train stops is just a stone throw-away distance from the Union Carbide factory. The place which caused the biggest industrial disaster of the world. The sight was really terrifying.. those steel tubes swirling around here and there.. the big pot.. all the machinery.. rusted machinery to be precise. and the more terrible thing was the sight of people living right besides it. I was standing at the door.. few kids walked up with makai.. cigarettes.. water pouch.. and questions? One of them was rather embarrassing but well I’ll tell you what it was?

This kid.. about 9-10 year old.. who was trying to sell me makai comes to me. I thought he'd try selling me the Makai. but rahter he asked me,' Kya aap hero ho?'. Blush Blush and blush. he he.. i laughed at it.. and said no I am a writer and then we got speaking for few mins before the train was about to leave. I asked him. 'Why do u guys still live in the same locality?'.. pat came the reply, “This is the only place we get to earn decently, around 24-26 trains stop here daily and we make a decent amount of money." All this coming from a 10 year older made me think twice. Perhaps the only solution will be clearing up the ground water.. or Land replacement which happened in the Love Canal Disaster.

The train started to moving and from somewhere a leaf from the tree near by came and landed on my shoulder. Now that ij very bollywoody, but it happened for real.

We arrive at the station and were greeted by Jiju and Mummy.. aaw she's the most beautiful woman I know. Her smile.. so infectious. Love you Mom. On the way to home Jiju told me.. rather asked for my confirmation 'tum Lakshya ke liye 5 movies to laye ho na.. usko sirf paanch ki ginti hi aati hai, so he won't miss.' he he.. I told him 'Yes I got all the 5 movies and + something extra..' and we moved onto out place.

Mom had shifted to this new apartment about couple of months back. I had never seen it. I liked my old place very much so I really thought that this place would suck big time. But no Mr. Deepesh.. this is such a good big house. 4 rooms.. spacious lawns.. 24 hour water facility. Now tis was something big.. all 24 hours!! Girls in Bhopal get easily married once they come to know if there's a 24 hour water connection.. such is the problem of Bhopal and this is how much it means. People pray for 24 hour water connection and we finally managed to get a house like that. Damn sweet.

My brother got a jeep few months back.. it's a jeep which resembles the jeep from the early 80 movies.. Blue in colour with Black hood. perrfect. Mom made some delicious food and I was on my way to meet my Bhanja.. I am sooooooo happy. Took along all the moves and etc. gifts. Entered his home.. and there was my Barbie.. ehmmm.. there was my Krish (he likes him a lot) sitting on the bed watching some cartoon. He smiled.. blushed.. bhaav kha raha tha batook.. and then he ran to me and hugged.. aah.. the coolest hug ever.. He didn't kiss me... or said anything.. but 'Mama.. aap emre liye movie laye ho Paanch.' I gave him the polythene bag he counted five movies and he was satisfied..

Then we saw Ramayana and 'The Cars' at one go.. Guys watch out for 'The Cars' one helluva movie. The folks at Pixar did it again. After the movies got finished I brought Lakshya back to my home. We did lots of masti.. he told me about his fairy tales. asked me for few.. Yeah few fairy tales did took place in past couple of months.. so I told him everything. He told me who beats him up in the class.. I gave him some tips about how to handle that.. then I took him out for a drive in Jeep. It was sheer heaven. we played Chor police in the Jeep. every laymen for us was a Chor. We decided that I'll take shots at Chor who looked like people and He chose the more fun category of Chors.. the goats.. dogs.. and all the animals.. he he. Funny like hell it was. I also made him mimic like dharam paaji 'Abey Oye, mein tujhe chun chun ke marronga.' Well the way he said it was funny. 'Abey aey, mein tude chun chu ke maaloonga.'

Post Aftermath we returned home and my Bro was back from the site. Met him.. hugged him and quickly calculated the kg's of weight that he's put on.. he he. We had lunch and everything. and What followed soon was the fear that i had almost forgotten after meeting my bhanja and all. IT WAS ABOUT MY HAIR. My brother had the first shot at it. Then my Mom.. my sister.. lakshya was watching cartoon.. it didn't bother him. I am still the same person I was six months back.. and then Out-of-the-blue My masi had a go at it too.. Masi I have been living with you for past 4 months and you never uttered a word and when everyone's saying things about my hair you've jumped into the bandwagon too.. not fair. Sister came back from college and wow soon after hugging me she joined the OTHERS as well. No one was by my side. Anyways, it kinda gave me a thrill to defy all odds and be whoever you are. I don't get to do that a lot in my office.. so sorry guys I am gonna keep my hair like this. whether you like it or not. Muhahahaha

Finally, after showing them all what we had got from Ahmedabad they started to shut out one by one.. Next time I’ll come with more gifts.. which will be pretty soon. Caloohah Caleh... I had the fun of my life... I will be making a separate Blog about the incidents and all what happened in few days.. Hope time permits.. then will be discussing a hell lot more over there.. Know this is a long blog.. and there are few more HAIR-raising stories.. but I shall keep that for later.. Do share your comment.. It helps me to write more..


1 Comments:

Blogger Ektz said...

very very sweet encounters of home. gave me a huge smile over my face when i read abt that 'hair' trouble:D

greateshwarnath post!

keep posting. love to read you.

Ekta.
http://ektapaneri.com

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home